Tanzu Application Platform: Inner Loop Development
This course introduces developers to the Path to Production concept, and the Inner Loop software development workflow in Tanzu Application Platform.
Inner Loop development is a critical workflow for modern application creation. These flows allow developers to iterate on a feature or bug before pushing to source control.
This course covers the concepts of Inner Loop workflow in Tanzu Application Platform. You will get hands-on practice deploying an application to a TAP cluster, and using the Live Update, Live Debug, and Live Hover features to iterate on your code.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the Inner Loop development workflow.
- Deploy an application on a Tanzu cluster.
- Deploy and test code changes using Live Update.
- Debug running applications using Live Debug.
- Get runtime information inside the IDE using Live Hover.
- Completed the Tanzu Application Platform: Overview course
- Facility with a code editor like VS Code
- Facility with the Linux command line interface
Learn about this course and it's objectives.
Path to Production
Learn about the Path to Production concept and the Inner Loop software development workflow.
Configuring your workstation
Learn how to configure your local workstation to use TAP.
Learn how to bootstrap your new projects using Application Accelerators.
Consult technical documentation
Learn how to consult technical documentation with the help of TechDocs and the API Portal.
Iterate quickly using Live Update
Learn how to deploy code changes to a TAP cluster quickly using Live Update.
Debugging using Live Debug
Learn how to debug a running application in a TAP cluster using Live Debug.
Perform Inner Loop Development
Experience developing using the Inner Loop development workflow.