Tanzu Application Platform: Supply Chains for Operators
Manage your path to production using Tanzu Application Platform supply chains.
Tanzu Application Platform supply chains let you provide a pre-paved path to production for your applications.
This course covers the operation of supply chains in Tanzu Application Platform. You will get hands-on practice installing and configuring different out-of-the-box supply chains and deploying workloads.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the function of Tanzu Application Platform supply chains
- Configure the out-of-the-box supply chains
- Manage workloads using the Tanzu command line interface
- Use the TAP GUI to monitor and troubleshoot workloads
- Create a simple Tekton pipeline for source code testing
- Configure a supply chain to scan source code and container images for security vulnerabilities
- Interpret scan reports
- Familiarity with Tanzu Application Platform
- Basic understanding of Kubernetes and the kubectl command line interface
- Facility with the Linux command line interface
Learn about this course and get an overview of lab environment.
Accessing the Lab Environment
Learn how to access and use the lab environment.
Set Up Your Lab Environment
Run the setup script to create a TAP cluster for the course.
Supply Chain Overview
What is a supply chain? What is a workload?
Working with Supply Chains
A deeper look at how supply chains work.
Using the Basic Supply Chains
Deploy a workload using the default supply chain and monitor the supply chain flow using the TAP GUI.
The Out-of-the-box Supply Chains
What supply chains come out-of-the-box and how do they differ?
Source Code Testing
Learn how to configure automated source code testing in a supply chain.
Configure Automated Source Code Testing
Configure your supply chain for automated source code testing.
Securing the Supply Chain
Learn how supply chains can incorporate automated security scanning.
Configure Supply Chain Security Tools
Use Grype to scan a container image, then explore the scan results using the Insight plugin.
Install and Configure the Scanning Supply Chains
Configure your supply chains to scan for security vulnerabilities in source code and images.
Install Snyk Scanner for Image Scanning
Customize the scanning supply chains to use Snyk for scanning container images.
Troubleshooting Supply Chains and Workloads
Tools and techniques for finding issues with supply chains and workloads.
Troubleshoot Supply Chain Failures
Practice diagnosing and fixing issues with supply chains.