VMware Tanzu Application Service: Install, Configure, Manage
This course provides administrators and operators with the theoretical understanding and hands-on experience needed to manually install and manage the Tanzu Application Service (TAS).
This course provides administrators and operators with the theoretical understanding and hands-on experience needed to manually install and manage the Tanzu Application Service (TAS). The course begins with an introduction to Tanzu Application Service from an end-user’s perspective. It then moves on to look at the core deployment tool, BOSH, and how to use it. This builds the foundation for installing Tanzu Operations Manager and the Tanzu Application Service, configuring users, roles, and quotas, and setting up the platform for logging and monitoring. Upon completion of this course, participants will have the skills necessary to go from setup through maintenance of their organization’s cloud platform.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Understand a BOSH release and how a BOSH deployment is used
- Understand the BOSH architecture and how it enables Tanzu Operations Manager and Tanzu Application Service
- Understand the Tanzu Application Service architecture and how it impacts developers
- Install Tanzu Application Service
- Create users and assign roles
- Manage org and space quotas
- Monitor Tanzu Application Service
- Use BOSH to explore, troubleshoot and deploy releases
- Administrators responsible for the installation, configuration, and management of a Tanzu Application Service installation
- Experience using the Linux command line interface
- Knowledge of vSphere and NSX-T is desirable but not essential
- Access to a suitable lab environment (for hands-on exercises)