VMware Tanzu Mission Control: Management and Operations 2022
In this course, you will learn how to use VMware Tanzu® Mission ControlTM to provision and manage Kubernetes clusters.
During this course, equivalent to 2 days of training, you focus on using VMware Tanzu® Mission ControlTM to provision and manage Kubernetes clusters. The course covers how to apply access, image registry, network, security, quota, and custom policies to Kubernetes environments. For cluster provisioning and management, the course focuses on deploying, upgrading, backing up, and monitoring Kubernetes clusters on VMware vSphere® with VMware Tanzu® and also covers package management using the VMware Tanzu Mission Control catalog.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the Tanzu Mission Control architecture
- Configure user and group access
- Create access, image registry, network, security, quota, and custom policies *Connect your on-premises vSphere with Tanzu Supervisor cluster to VMware Tanzu Mission Control
- Create, manage, and back up Tanzu Kubernetes clusters
- Perform cluster inspections
- Manage packages in your clusters
- Monitor and secure Kubernetes environments
Operators and application owners who are responsible for deploying and managing policies for multiple Kubernetes clusters across on-premises and public cloud environments.
- Experience deploying and managing multiple Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with Kubernetes RBAC, network policies, resource quotas, and pod security policies
VMware Tanzu Mission Control
Accessing VMware Tanzu Mission Control
Lab 1: Accessing the Lab Environment
Lab 2: Accessing VMware Cloud Services
Connect to the VMware Cloud Services web app.
VMware Cloud Services Access Control
VMware Tanzu Mission Control Architecture - Part 1
VMware Tanzu Mission Control Architecture - Part 2
VMware Tanzu Mission Control Architecture - Part 3
VMware Tanzu Mission Control Architecture - Part 4
Lab 3: Accessing VMware Tanzu Mission Control
Install and use the command line interface to access Tanzu Mission Control.
Lab 4: Creating Cluster Groups
Create a cluster group using both the VMware Tanzu Mission Control web UI and command line interface.
Lab 5: Creating Workspaces
Create a workspace using both the VMware Tanzu Mission Control web UI and command line interface.